Numskull Games picks up crowdfunded pixel art hack ‘n slash hit Battle Axe for consoles & PC
We are incredibly proud to announce that we will be publishing Battle Axe, a pixel-art arcade adventure game, for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux!
Currently live on crowdfunding site Kickstarter, having smashed its £40,000 goal with still a week to go, Battle Axe immediately grabbed our attention with its gorgeous pixel artwork and high-octane top-down action.
Given its recent funding success, Numskull Games is excited to join the team to bring this project to an even wider audience of retro gamers and hack ‘n slash lovers alike.
“Numskull Games brought a real passion to the table when they saw our plans for Battle Axe, with the team there personally invested in this sort of classic-style game”, commented lead designer Henk Nieborg. “We recognised they were the right publishing partner to put Battle Axe in people’s hands and we’re especially excited with the opportunity to see our game at retail.”
- Veteran team: developed by a highly experienced small team, including designer
Henk Nieborg (Lionheart, Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, Contra 4, Xeno Crisis), composer
Manami Matsumae (Mega Man, Final Fight, Shovel Knight), and programmer Mike
Tucker (Super House of Dead Ninjas, Xeno Crisis)
- Pixel art fun – an adventure for pixel art enthusiasts, with gorgeously designed
characters and environments to enjoy with every frame
- Hack n’ slash adventure – classic gameplay will feel familiar yet revitalised,thanks to
new gameplay elements, improved controls, detailed pixel art & animations,
and a superb soundtrack by legendary composer Manamii Matsumae
- Inspired by the classics – inspired by genre classics like Gauntlet and Golden Axe
- Solo or co-op – choose from three highly-detailed heroes to embark with on your quest, playing alone or with a friend in local co-op