Platforms: Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, Xbox One & Steam | Release Date: December 2019 | Players: 1
SuperEpic is a Metroidvania style adventure with a humorous and satirical tone. It’s a nonlinear fast paced action adventure game, heavy on exploration and combo-based combat, which stars a racoon and a llama in their quest to save videogames as we know them.
The adventure is set on a non-distant future dystopia, where a single videogame development company, Regnantcorp, controls an orwellian society by creating addiction to their free games. Ramming into their headquarters, the heroes uncover the whole conspiracy as they explore a surreal castle-like office full of enemies, challenges, secrets and corporate pigs.
- Economy based upgrading system: earn money based on your combat performance and decide how to invest it: in life, magic or stamina?
- Cross media experience: hidden QR codes launch small mini games running on HTML5, which have to be completed on mobile in order to uncover secrets in the game
- 2 game modes: a more classic story-driven mode with handcrafted levels, and a replayable roguelike mode with procedurally generated maps
- Solid progression: RPG like weapon and armor upgrading system, with tonnes of items to collect and discover
- Gorgeous Neogeo quality: 16/32 bit era cartoon sprites, with super fluid animations and spectacular final bosses
SuperEpic © 2019 Undercoders. All rights reserved. Licensed to and published by Numskull Games Limited.